08085766393, 08090641367

Superfast Printing and Delivery

bashvisuals@gmail.com

Paddy Power Forced to Pull Offensive Oscar Pistorius Ad by Ad Authority

Paddy Power Forced to Pull Offensive Oscar Pistorius Ad by Ad Authority

Paddy P<span id="more-2846"></span>ower Forced to Pull Offensive Oscar Pistorius Ad by Ad Authority

Following a record number of complaints, a Paddy Power ad that featured alleged murderer Oscar Pistorius will be taken.

After fielding an archive 5,200 complaints, Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has been forced to pull an offensive ad from its UK publications, because well to be examined by the UK’s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA). The ad which many felt at best trivialized the current and ongoing murder test of Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, and at worst exploited it for profit was ordered down earlier this week by the ASA after being overwhelmed with input from horrified citizens.

Making Light of Pistorius Murder Trial

The printing ad which had starred in the press that is UK, in addition to regarding the Paddy Power website and social media marketing feeds offered chances on the outcome of the trial stating:

‘IT’S OSCAR TIME. MONEY BACK IF HE WALKS. WE WILL REFUND ALL LOSING BETS ON THE OSCAR PISTORIUS TEST IF HE IS FOUND never GUILTY.’

Pistorius’ face appeared photoshopped onto an Oscar statuette a mention of the recently aired Academy Awards, which were held in Los Angeles due to the fact murder test got underway in South Africa. According to over 122,000 signatories of an online petition, however, Pistorius’ girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp’s alleged murder in February 2013 at the fingers of her boyfriend should be no matter that is laughing.

‘A young woman has been killed,’ said Jean Hatchet, organizer of the alteration.org petition. ‘There ‘s no doubt that she was killed by this man, whether or not he intended to kill her.’ The Paddy Power advertising, she says, is ‘an incredibly awful, callous thing.’

It was said by the ASA would publish its findings and proffer any sanctions in due course. Meanwhile, the corporation was clear in its disdain for the message.

‘We consider the ad may be seriously prejudicial to the public on the ground of the likely further serious and/or widespread offence it may cause,’ noted an ASA-issued statement that was released by the center of week. ‘we have been also concerned that the reputation that is good of advertising industry may be further damaged by continued publication of this ad.’

Paddy Power noted that the print campaign was just meant to perform together with last week’s Oscars anyway, and claimed it only ran once in A uk paper sunday. A look at the site by late this week showed no trace of the ad whatsoever, nor any mention of its existence ever although the ASA said the Ireland-based company’s website was out of its jurisdiction. A search of the business’s web site’s betting options also revealed no matches for the word ‘Pistorius,’ though whether that indicates the bet is off is anybody’s guess.

Not the First Offensive Ad from Paddy Energy

Paddy energy with a history of this kind of risqué advertising campaign remained defiant, but seemed to completely miss the dimension that is moral telling media: ‘Trial betting generally speaking is not a common event, but there’s certainly nothing new about betting on the results of probably the most high-profile court situations and they don’t come any more high-profile than this. Given the rolling coverage of this test, pretty much everyone will be speaing frankly about it and speculating on the verdict. We’re therefore anticipating a few of our customers to desire to put their money where their lips is.’

Hatchet has requested that the profits made from the Pistorius bet should be donated to women’s charities, to which Paddy Power retorted: ‘We’re offering wagering on the upshot of an effort. It’s about whether Pistorius will be found guilty or otherwise not guilty, it is not a market that is betting domestic physical violence.’

It’s far from the first of several Paddy Power campaigns that deliberately seeks to court controversy.

The organization was when forced to pull billboard posters that showed Jesus and the Apostles gambling at the Last Supper. And in 2010, A tv spot that showed a blind soccer player kicking a cat into a tree was the most complained about spot associated with the year. The choice was also made to pull another TV spot that featured transvestites at a race meet, and invited its customers to ‘spot the stallions among the mares’.

Of course, Paddy energy has achieved its real goal once more: to force its brand name into the papers and acquire people talking about its advertising campaigns. But, at a time when politicians in the united kingdom are questioning the amount of gambling ads on tv which they do say can simply be viewed by minors, this is publicity that the gambling industry could probably do without.

Junior Middleweight Champ Molina Jailed Before MGM Garden Fight Night

Current IBF Junior Middleweight champ Carlos Molina at the MGM Grand Garden Arena straight back on Sept. 14, 2013. Molina is hoping to be released in time for Saturday’s match against undefeated Jermall Charlo. (Image: Mark Hundley/Las Vegas Sun)

UPDATE March 8, 2014: Carlos Molina wasn’t released from Clark County Detention Center on Friday, and the Saturday MGM Grand Garden Arena fight was cancelled. It appears the reason that is primary because technically Molina is considered an illegal alien and was desired by immigration officials, despite having lived in the U.S. since age four.

‘He’s not leaving jail to fight, and we don’t know as he is getting out,’ said Warriors Boxing promoter Leon Margules in a ESPN interview. ‘It’s because of his immigration status. He’s an illegal alien.’

—-

It is a development that has promoters and bookmakers chewing through their finger nails: Carlos ‘King’ Molina’s planned defense of their IBF junior middleweight globe title fight during the MGM Grand Garden Saturday against undefeated opponent Jermall Charlo may not go ahead because Molina was nevertheless in jail awaiting release as we went along to press on Friday’s weigh-in day.

Arrested on Outstanding Warrants

Molina was arrested right after his press seminar at the MGM Grand earlier in the week on a fugitive warrant, stemming from a 2007 parole violation for a deep failing to register as a sex offender. In 2002, he ended up being convicted of second-degree assault on a minor in Outgamie, Wisconsin.

Meanwhile, it has also emerged that Appleton, Wisconsin police have conduct that is disorderly out for him, dating back to 2005.

On Thursday morning, Clark County prosecutor Bart speed consented to set Molina’s bail at $10,000 with the contract of Wisconsin authorities; nonetheless, as Molina’s representatives scrambled to secure their launch with time for the bout against challenger Jermall Charlo, he still has to clear an immigration hold (he ended up being born in Mexico, but has lived in the US since age four), and currently remains in Clark County Detention Center Las Vegas’ main holding lockdown for bad boys.

Molina’s promoter, Leon Margules, said: ‘ an agreement was made by us with Wisconsin for the fighter’s release in the sex offender registration violation. The immigration issue is a little more complicated. I’m still looking for exactly why Carlos is being held. I’m hopeful we are able to get it fixed, get him released and acquire him into the ring Saturday. He told me he is supporting well, but he wants to get out and he desires to fight Saturday.’

Monday Hearing Puts Fight in Doubt

While authorities initially said they expected the boxer to be released in time for the battle, the undeniable fact that records show that his next hearing happens to be set because of this coming Monday throws that into doubt.

At a press conference on Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, remained upbeat: ‘I’m waiting to hear from Molina’s people,’ he said thursday. ‘They’re handling all of Molina’s issues. We don’t need to produce a choice in the fight before the weigh-in (Friday). But I understand Carlos desires to fight. He is very anxious to get into the ring and he’s actually fired up.’

However, Schaefer revealed that, should they neglect to spring the miscreant champion from his jail cell, he has a back-up plan: ‘in the event, this is for the pay-per-view audience to know … if that fight doesn’t happen, then we would, of course, have the luxury of moving up Ricardo Alvarez against Thompson to the pay-per-view card.’

While people may be covered regardless, it’s a headache that is total the bookmakers, obviously: collectively, millions of dollars in wagers move across their fingers on big Vegas fight nights and really should this bout fail to materialize those bets might have become returned.

Meanwhile, Molina’s opponent is attempting to keep a clear head: ‘When I first heard it, I didn’t think it,’ said Charlo. ‘I thought my trainer [Ronnie Shields] had been kidding. But we’m going to keep doing everything the same way as if we will fight. I’m going to stay focused. I want in which to stay shape. I’m not likely to be distracted.’

Downtown Grand Sued When Man Loses $500K in Alleged Blackout State

Weekend 52-year-old Mark Johnston from Los Angeles is suing the Downtown Grand in Las Vegas, after losing $500K wagering on Super Bowl. Johnston claims he was blacked out and don’t understand exactly what he had been doing. (Image: CNN)

Did you have a Super that is rough Bowl, wagering-wise? Perhaps you bet in the Broncos, or even the blowout took all the life out of your Super Bowl celebration. In any case may be, then you didn’t have the sort of issues faced by one serious gambler in Las Vegas, who states he lost $500,000 over that weekend while he had been far too inebriated to know very well what he had been doing.

Blackout Drunk Continued to Wager

That man 52-year-old Mark Johnston, from Los Angeles claims that the Downtown Grand in Las Vegas’ Fremont Street area allowed him to gamble while he was clearly drunk; blackout drunk, based on their own assessment. That lead to him losing half a million dollars at the pai blackjack and gow tables.

‘I feel just like they picked my pockets,’ said Johnston, a retiree from Ca. ‘we feel like they took a drunk guy…like a drunk guy walking down the street, and you reach in their pouches and grab all their cash.

‘I am not just a sore loser. I have lost half a million. I’ve lost 800,000. I’ve lost bundle. This has nothing in connection with that. Clearly we are able what I destroyed,’ said Johnston, who nonetheless refuses to classify himself as a ‘whale’ the industry term for a high-roller.

Johnston formerly owned A california that is southern car, now owns a Mercedes-Benz worth $250,000; making his modesty regarding his gambling status a tad disingenuous.

He has not blacked out previously, he also claims to have been served 20-30 drinks, making one wonder how he can remember that, but not his gambling play per se although he claims. Nevertheless the rich aren’t richer because they don’t know how to play hardball, and Johnston is no exception to that rule; he appears happy to play the victim card in this scenario than we are.

‘This is all about you players nightclub surfers paradise almost killing me personally. What if I’d gone to bed that night, along with those drinks in me personally, and I also threw up on myself and I choked and passed away?’ Johnston said, having a dramatic flair we can only admire from afar. That being stated, even he fesses up to having had as 10 products while planing a trip to Vegas and in the limo before he even hit the video gaming floor.

‘ My responsibility is, look, some drinks were had by me at the airport, on the plane. At some true point, that is my obligation,’ the gambler stated. ‘The unfortunate part about it for them is, they will have a bigger obligation than I do.’

In accordance with Johnston’s lawyer Sean Lyttle, The Grand is countersuing in an effort to get their customer’s debts; although other media sources have actually reported that the casino has offered to settle at a 20 percent discount $400K but that Johnston will not go that route. Meanwhile, Johnston has placed a stop-payment order on the debt re payments The Grand had been trying to collect, and is particularly suing them for damaging their reputation.

Nevada Law Sets Onus on Casinos

It works out that per Nevada law casinos are, in reality, banned from allowing visibly drunk gamblers from continuing to wager money. They are also expected to stop the drinks that are free they can inform some body has already established one a lot of. The area that is grey are who determines what comprises exactly how many, and with what criteria. After all, if Johnston surely could place wagers also in a blackout state, he might be in as he claims how was the casino to know what impaired state?

Nevertheless, regulatory authorities are using the case quite really. So while The Grand does not comment on pending litigation, Nevada’s Gaming Control Board is apparently investigating the full case one that Lyttle claims is quite uncommon.

‘It’s certainly an extraordinary case,’ Lyttle stated. ‘ This is not a whole tale that I’ve ever heard before, where someone was blackout intoxicated where they couldn’t read their cards, and yet a casino continued to serve them beverages and issue them more markers. It is an extremely heavy-handed and uncommon approach that we haven’t seen in this town in a long time.’

In accordance with Johnston, he’s a typical in vegas and was invited to The Grand for Super Bowl along with his girlfriend, though he mostly gambled on his own weekend. His lawsuit alleges that The Grand gave him lots of free drinks after he’d been already drinking at supper, and that he didn’t realize how much he had lost until Sunday.

While Johnston lost big over Super Bowl weekend, he wasn’t the only one. With most of the public money in the Broncos, the Nevada sportsbooks won almost $20 million from gamblers in the NFL’s championship game this year after having a record amount of betting.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1 × 4 =